Home Alternative Technology

Alternative Technology and Renewable Energy can be great fun and very rewarding, especially if done at home. On this blog I share my ideas and tips for mainly simple and inexpensive alternative technology projects.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Toyota Dealers Don't Promote the Prius


When I was preparing for the recent Green Living Days in Ipswich, I contacted two Toyota dealers near me and informed them that I would have my Toyota Prius on display. I asked them if they would like to give me some leaflets to hand out to interested people. Amazingly, both dealers never rang me back, even after reminder calls. This was a missed opportunity for them as I had a constant stream of interested people asking about the car.

My take on this is that a dealer would much rather sell a car that he has in stock or can get quickly, rather than the 3 month wait for the Prius. The Prius is not pushed by the local dealers, in spite of national advertising done by Toyota. I now suggest to people that they should contact one of the online car discount companies who offer a great price deal on the car with the same warranty that you get from a dealer. You would have to wait a few months wherever you bought the car, so there is no disadvantage in an online purchase.

It is such a shame that dealers don't seem interested in promoting such a revolutionary car. After all, in a few years time, hybrid cars will be much more common and a regular sight on the road and in the showrooms.

3 Comments:

At 2:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all the stories of 3 - 6 month waiting lists, I can't blame them for not pushing hard. Once you've got a 6 month waiting list, all you're doing is frustrating people by saying "Isn't this a wonderful car. Sorry, you can't have one."

 
At 1:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is worth checking that Toyotas MPG claim is actually correct i have read that it isn't! (admittedly in "The Sun") nice idea shame it doesn't work or even look good :(

 
At 2:15 pm, Blogger Nigel said...

I get 55 - 59 mpg with mixed driving and 61 - 65 mpg when in London traffic. I think the looks are OK too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home