Home Alternative Technology

Alternative Technology and Renewable Energy can be great fun and very rewarding, especially if done at home. On this blog I share my ideas and tips for mainly simple and inexpensive alternative technology projects.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Naughty Blogger!

I have been very remiss updating this blog lately and apologise profusely to all. Family matters had to take precedence with my daughter and son both buying new houses and lots of work required.

I am lucky that they have both chosen to be within 3 miles of our home in Suffolk........maybe we did something right! My daughter's house is reasonably modern and apart from some decorating and updating there wasn't too much for me to do. We did have a pretty overgrown garden to cope with though. The house had been owned by an elderly couple who were keen gardeners, but after a year or so of neglect a lot of clearing was required. The chainsaw came in handy and provided some more fuel for our woodstove.

My son's house is rather older and the decorations hadn't been touched in about 40 years. There were no difficult decisions to make........everything had to go! It had oil central heating which was well past the sell by date, but luckily we discovered that the mains gas supply was just down the road. It was a no-brainer to have it connected for £550. Cheaper than a new oil tank. British Gas quoted over £4,000 to install a new boiler, bless them. We got a local plumber in the village to do it for almost half that, with a two year warranty too.

I have lots of Alternative Technology news to pass on in future blog entries. Thanks for visiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home